Sunday, December 16, 2007

Beginnings/My Grown Up Christmas Wish List.

Hey-o!

I've recently been in the blogging mood. And, I've been asked by a few friends and family to actually start a real blog. Just something to get some joy and humor out of. I blog on Myspace and Facebook but for some, it's not as accessible as this blog here at blogger.com. So, I will try my best to keep everyone entertained and informed on how my life is going. And, most of the time, it's got a humorous twist to it. So, here's to my commentaries on life, love, and living. Enjoy!

Here's a story from one of the days of the ice storm here in Oklahoma:

Me, my sister Melissa, and her husband CW were at Atwoods. We walked thru, looked at items, checked on batteries and flashlights and what not....and me and Melissa got a little tired of watching CW look at man-toys. So, we waited patiently for him to finish up. When he returned after looking, he so leisurely announced that he had found a generator. Here's how the conversation went down:

CW: (as he walks up to us) I thought I found a generator.
Melissa and Me: (silent but intrigued)
CW: (as he keeps walking passed us) But...it was a power washer.

So, not only did we think we had a generator to help with the power outage, it was one that had 1900 PSI. Man...that would have been one amazing generator. True story.

MY GROWN UP CHRISTMAS WISH LIST:

Okay, here's what's on everyone's minds. My Christmas list. I know, I know...you don't have to get me all of these things, just talk amoungst yourselves and divy it all up. It'll be better that way so I don't get repeats....that I'll have to take back.

  • 1. Gobs of batteries and flashlights- Just in case of another ice/snow storm. I want to be prepared this time.
  • 2. 6 Swans of Swimming- Hey, the song says it's a good gift...why not see what all the fuss is about? You may want to also provide a pool or pond of some sort. I'm not sure they'll all fit in my bathtub.
  • 3. A New Car- Any type, really. Only new will do. Nothing used, folks.
  • 4. A Core Blast Strike Streamian-I hear it's the most amazing core workout ever. It strengthens your entire core. Your back core, your arm core...and I hear the Marine Corp. uses them. Top of the line.
  • 5. A really large dog kennel- No explaination here. Don't ask.
  • 6. Mr. Right- Preferrably someone that isn't taken and/or gay. And please, refrain from sending mail order grooms. The last one just ran away when I got him out of the box. Plus, UPS charged way too much for shipping and they said the tracking number doesn't work on the item in the box, only the box itself. Now, I have an illegal alien groom running free without a way to track him. Oh, and I actually think he wasn't a groom by any means. She looked German.
  • 7. A box blade knife with holster- Dude, those things are sick. Every cool person should own a box blade knife with a holster. It's all the rage in NYC I hear.
  • 8. World Peace- A lot of beauty pageant contenders wish for this. I'm merely putting it down because it would be sinful not to. What?!
  • 9. World Domination- Again I say, it would be sinful not to mention it.
  • 10. Waterproof Phone- I'm not sure if these exist yet. But, if they do, they lie. Nothing is waterproof. Prove it if it is. That's all I'm gonna say...
  • 11. Lasik Eye Surgery- Please do not bring me a pair of good eyes. I will voluntarily go to the doctor. All you have to do is supply the cash, the appointment, and my ride home.
  • 12. Magic- If anyone knows how to get their hands on a ball of magic...or a plethora of magic...or whatever unit of measurement it comes in, please give it to me. Heck, don't even wrap it...wait, have the magic wrap itself. And no, I do not mean Magic Johnson the basketball player. Even though he may possibly have the cure for HIV (he paid the government for it), I do not think he is magical in any way.

So, there you have it. Please call or bring these gifts to me. Or, carrier pigeon works (not by UPS). I'm either here or at work. Or church. Or...nevermind.

Also, I will not be returning the favor. So, don't post your wish lists below. I don't have the will-power nor the funds to provide anyone with gifts. I just bought myself some new stuff...so, I'm broke. :)

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yay! You have a blog..... you ave a blog....