Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Jesus be the Center

It's been years since I've written on my blog but I have something on my heart and must share it! 

For the past week or so I've felt this urgency. Holy Spirit has been speaking to me through any means possible to get my attention. Everywhere I go, every message I hear, every song I listen to has bombarded me with the same words regarding my precious Savior. 

I recently went to hear Jentezen Franklin and John Bevere speak in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I enjoyed their messages and learned great teaching from them. While I sat and listened to them preach from the Word I was actually hearing another message from the Spirit. It was loud and clear to me what He was saying to me: Let Jesus take His throne. 

I tried to ignore it. I thought "Jesus IS on the throne," so why am I hearing this? I kept sensing it again and again. Every scripture I read and every song I heard kept reminding me of what the Spirit was saying: Let Jesus take His throne. After days of this being on my mind and heart I gave in and asked the Lord why I couldn't shake this. It was then I knew it wasn't just for me. It was for me, my husband, my church, my friends and their churches...maybe all of Oklahoma...maybe even the country too.

I felt that the Spirit was telling me that in my life I wasn't allowing Jesus to take is rightful place. Ouch.

He so desperately wants our selfish selves to allow Him to reign in our lives. How often do we look to our own abilities to handle our situations in work, school, and church without His help? All the time. He is often our last resort when we need help. I'm guilty of it, and I'm assuming you are too. He wants to remind us that He is in everything and is willing to help...if we allow Him to. John 16:24 reminds us of our need to ask our Heavenly Father for all our needs and desires: "Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full." Ask! He will have first place in your life if you ASK Him to be. If you allow Him to, He will! 

I believe this word is for the church too. Jesus should and always be the main event in church services. Thanks to the Holy Spirit, the essence of Christ on earth, our Lord and Savior is with us! Let's welcome Him to our Sunday morning services, our Wednesday night Bible studies, and small groups. Although the physical body of Christ cannot be present with us, His mighty Spirit can! Jesus was sent to reveal God and His grace to the world, and the Spirit was sent to reveal Jesus (John 16:12-15). If we welcome the Holy Spirit into our services and allow Him to reign, people can be set free! "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." I encourage everyone to welcome the Spirit of truth into their life and their church. He is Christ with us! 

I had the opportunity to lead Israel Houghton's song Jesus at the Center on Sunday in church. The song is a perfect prayer for the body of Christ today. Before the song I was able read a scripture that summarizes what I've been feeling. Colossians 1:17-20 states "He is before all things and in Him all things hold together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross..." After I read the scripture I invited Jesus to take his throne in the church and in our hearts. He did. The Spirit of God showed up. He is the first place in everything! Let's allow Him to do that! 

I learned that when we invite Jesus to reign, He honors our requests when we let him rule in power. We ask, we receive! He is so faithful. When we honor Him, He honors our petitions! Hallelujah! 

I know that letting Jesus take His throne in my life will be a daily request. I must invite Him into everything I do, big or small. I believe that if we invite Him to reign in our lives daily, our perspective will change, our situations will change, and our attitudes will change. I don't know about you, but I need all of those things to change! I will invite the Spirit of Christ to reign so that freedom is present!


Sing it with me: From my heart to the heavens, Jesus be the center! It's all about You, it's all about You!

Jesus, take Your throne! 





No comments: